VIC Slander by applicant

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Spanercrab

6 December 2022
VIC
Current FL proceedings on-foot, heading for trial. There are cross application IVOs in place (both consented to without admissions - limited to one condition).
Have just found out through subpoenaed documents that Ex has advised child’s health practitioner(s) of IVO against me, neglecting to mention the one I have on her, and added a few new false allegations of FV .one practitioner has decided to ban me from attending services based on ex’s slander.
Q: are IVOs able to be disclosed to whomever you like, and what can I do about this, as I think she’s feed all of our kids health services the same story. I will subpoena two more to get an idea.
Any lawyers in Vic who can help out with civil & family law?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
We can assist with both civil and family law.

are IVOs able to be disclosed to whomever you like
Yes. And you also get to tell your side of the story.

Depends on the impact to you. With recent changes to defamation laws instigated by newspapers, it is now harder for the average person to have a successful claim for defamation. Doesn't mean you do not have a chance, just harder and will very much depend on it having a significant impact on you.

Reactions: Spanercrab

Spanercrab

6 December 2022
VIC
Thanks Rob. This impacts my ability to participate in our child’s health care and treatments due to ex feeding the practitioner a story, and practitioner having a negative view of me, with one side of the story. Have initiated proceedings against practitioner.
My ex can say whatever they like and it’s impacting my ability to participate in my child’s life.