- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Siblings with Power of Attorney Refuse to Sign Contract of Sale

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by FRED SITTERLEE, 21 October 2015.


    21 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    My 96 year old father would like to sell his house that he and his wife ( my mum) have lived in for over 60 years. The title deed is in both names! They have been separated by illness for nearly 3 years ( mum has dementia and lives in a facility for this ).

    My sister and brother have Enduring Power Of Attorney over her and refuse to sign ( on mum's behalf ) the Agent's Contract of Sale !! My father has moved out and is living with me happily. My sister and brother both did not want to him to move in with them.

    It now seems they have an agenda and are prolonging any sale. My father has freely and consistently said that all assets from the sale will be divided 50/50 between my mum and dad.

    It seems that they wanted my father to stay ( and probably die) in the house for whatever reason?

    Can you assist?
  2. JS79

    JS79 Well-Known Member

    2 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi Fred,

    I am afraid that this situation really requires a lawyer who specilises in wills and estate planning law. Please see Get Connected with the Right Lawyer for You
    to be connected to a local lawyer who specialises in this area.

Share This Page