VIC Should mechanic fix my car

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

1988rsf

1 May 2022
Yesterday I took my car for a minor service, I waited outside for 1 hour before he rolled up hungover.

He preceded to do 45 min work and charged me 380, and I paid upon arrival back from getting a coffee.

He took me through and I asked if he turned off the light that has been indicating it needs a service and he had not. He followed YouTube and tried some steps involving pedal pressing and the car has since been unable to start.

He claims it worked after the service although it never left the lift in the shop and is there now indefinitely.

I thought it safe to start recording and have him admitting to another customer he was drinking last night hence over sleeping, and spouting plenty of racism and garbage.

I was presented to pay prior to seeing the car, and he had seen the cash in the middle of car, I think he tried to sting me for cash until I asked for EFTPOS because I didn't trust him.

I have a very good feeling he will resist being liable?