NSW shoplift who haven’t caught,can she gets a call from police in near future

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kerenv

29 August 2018
Hi,
On behalf of my neighbour who shoplifted (two days before)some items but haven’t caught. Now after all this she wonders if cctv caught her and police might follow her address in future(transaction was through eftpos)I am also not sure so seeking your advices.
Does all stores observe cctv footages daily/weekly/monthly ?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hi, it depends, if the cctv should show your friend in the action of shoplifting, also depends on the items being shoplifted, there are many factors,
If the shop can identify your friend and the items are material, then it is most properly the police will be knocking on your friend's door.
If items are cheap, then the shop will take a decision of following up on it or not, if not, they will sure be watching your friend when goes to the shop.

For your friend or anyone else, not to go through this process, don't shoplift!

kakakasiia

4 January 2020
Hi,
On behalf of my neighbour who shoplifted (two days before)some items but haven’t caught. Now after all this she wonders if cctv caught her and police might follow her address in future(transaction was through eftpos)I am also not sure so seeking your advices.
Does all stores observe cctv footages daily/weekly/monthly ?

Did anything end up happening to your neighbor?