VIC Shoplift caught police called but didn’t come

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AuroraJ

6 May 2021
I was caught by Woolworth the value $133. The security office called the police but waiting for one and half hour the cops didn’t come, one officer received phone and mentioned they will contact me in 2 weeks, then they let me signed the ban paper to banned for 6 months and voluntary form. When one office send me to leave the room I asked if this issue had been settled? Cuz my English is bad, I understood some of his answers, I’m clear in my history so that’s warning, now one week passed, I’m so scared and nervous, nobody knew that until now even my husband. I cannot sleep and eat at all, and painful in my chest always. Anybody here can help me the cop didn’t come, they still will review my case and let me go to police station to interview? I’m so stressed I’d like to back to ask the officer but i cannot find him. Thank you in advance.

Anon2022

15 June 2021
Ohh hopefully they won’t. If it’s been over a month :/ did they take your licence if photos?