VIC Section 146 issued no access permitted premise burgled

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JayyGee88

27 February 2018
Hi guys
I am looking for some clarification or perhaps information about my companies rights.

We announced a lease break for a commercial property sighting security and space issues as the reason back in Dec 2017.
Real estate agent replied that the landlord would accept this however demanded payment for bogus electricity charges. (one meter 6 factories) Naturally we disputed these charges on the basis there was no meter to our factory and there were other tenants using the same meter number they were claiming was ours. (landlord was just adding a our factory number to the end of the meter number and reissuing it)

We were then served with a Section 146 and subsequently the locks were changed and access to our commercial goods was denied. A little later, the landlord chose to permit an ex employee onto the premise to remove his tools(which the company had paid for) and instructed the ex employee not to advise me.
Sometime after this the premise was burgled.
We lost approximately 300K of goods not to mention being sued by some customers for not completing a purchase to the value of 81K.
Was the landlord allowed to refuse me access to my goods, and who is responsible for the goods under a Section 146? Do I have grounds to sue for loss and damages?