NSW Return to Work Manager

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Claudia

11 September 2014
Is there any regulations, best practices or anything that I can avail myself to for help.
I have been on a return to work plan for about 5 months, going really well. This was my second attempt at RTW, the first post was a humiliating experience, basically there was no stoned unturned to make me feel unwelcomed, amongst many other things, the manager would not even issue me with a security pass for the building. I had to sign in as a visitor. She would bring up my ‘increase’ in work hours almost daily, eventually I caved in increased my hours very quickly and with that the increased exposure to her treatment. I went off work again.

Now 5 months into a successful posting, she transferred into the team I’m currently in, called a meeting about my duties, without me. Attempted to take over managing my without notice or discussion with me about the change . And did her best spiel to my rehab provider that she should be allowed at my medical conferences despite the return to work officer’s attendance. I’m sure I will pay for declining her attendance and also because my rehab put an 8 Wk lead time into a change of management in a plan. it. In this same week my pay forms that I submitted in plenty of time we’re not forwarded to the pay office in time and I was short payed. This has not happened before.
I want to continue to work, I know there are suitable duties lined up for me ( I’m about to finish the project I’ve been working on) but working with someone who undermines my dignity and (from past experience) will try to bully me to increase my hours, and cause additional stress e.g pay issues. Things are not looking good for me. Any insights on managing this issue highly appreciated.