NSW Return to work advice

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Smotoska

11 February 2021
Employers can always fire employees, most times for valid reasons, sometimes not.

Certainly your employer has a duty for the health and safety of all employees, and I have no idea if you present a risk or not. It looks good that you have both a pysch and GP reports.

They seemingly have some kind of issue regarding your employment, so send them something in writing so you have a record. If the employer does take action against you, by putting something in writing first, you increase your chances of them being found to have done something wrong.
Something like this:

Thanks for the indication.

I just wanted to say thank you for assisting me through all of this. I am at a better place now and I feel i have be compliant through this whole process.

A Pyschiatrist has excluded bipolar or any mental illness and my Doctor agrees - I feel 100% to return and continue our original agreement made back in October.

I have been working on my communication and building a relationship with Dan. I am ready to get back in to it physically and mentally.

If anymore information is required, I'm happy to provide this for you.

Hope to see the Team soon.

Smotoska

11 February 2021
Something like this:

I just wanted to say thank you for assisting me through all of this. I am at a better place now and I feel i have be compliant through this whole process.

A Pyschiatrist has excluded bipolar or any mental illness and my Doctor agrees - I feel 100% to return and continue our original agreement made back in October.

I have been working on my communication and building a relationship with Dan. I am ready to get back in to it physically and mentally.

Smotoska

11 February 2021
And should I mention that I have had no performance issues in the past or any workplace accidents using machinery?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Something like this:

Thank you for assisting me through assisting me through a trying period at period at work.

My psychiatrist has excluded bipolar or any mental illness and my Doctor agrees - I am ready to get back in to work both physically and mentally and I am able to continue our original agreement made back in October 2020.

On the basis of my medical reports I intend resuming work on <<insert date>> at <<insert time>>.

Looking forward to seeing you and the team.

*the insert date should be sooner rather than later. Give then a day's notice.

Smotoska

11 February 2021
Thank you for assisting me through assisting me through a trying period at period at work.

My psychiatrist has excluded bipolar or any mental illness and my Doctor agrees - I am ready to get back in to work both physically and mentally and I am able to continue our original agreement made back in October 2020.

On the basis of my medical reports I intend resuming work on <<insert date>> at <<insert time>>.

Looking forward to seeing you and the team.

*the insert date should be sooner rather than later. Give then a day's notice.
Thanks 😊 I have a phone call with HR and regional Manager on Wednesday so I feel things are looking good, I hope! Can't fire me over the phone I guess.