VIC Respondent Didn't File Any Evidence-in-Chief - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth

Malissla

24 April 2018
And lets hope the Family Court keep the kids away from you and your obvious mental problems... Poor cherubs having to put up with you. But that won't happen because you will win undefended right? :-D
You owe me 5000 you big doppy mouth fool?

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
You owe me 5000 you big doppy mouth fool?
No.. YOU own ME $5000 when the contacts and stat decs have been drawn up.. I've done this before you know. Feel free to PM me and we can get the ball rolling on the legal paperwork

Malissla

24 April 2018
No.. YOU own ME $5000 when the contacts and stat decs have been drawn up.. I've done this before you know. Feel free to PM me and we can get the ball rolling on the legal paperwork

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you?

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
Interruption 2...

Yes but you didn't have an affidavit from them telling you they was not going to file did you? Which is why I have the perception I have.

I’m surprised that if the respondent filed an affidavit stating that they would not be filing further materials that they didn’t just file a ‘notice of discontinuance’. You are both self-represented so fear of a costs order would be minimal I’d imagine.

When did they file this affidavit? Did this by chance have anything to do with the judge making such directions?

Malissla

24 April 2018
Interruption 2...

I’m surprised that if the respondent filed an affidavit stating that they would not be filing further materials that they didn’t just file a ‘notice of discontinuance’. You are both self-represented so fear of a costs order would be minimal I’d imagine.

When did they file this affidavit? Did this by chance have anything to do with the judge making such directions?

No the judge made a trial order setting out when affidavits (evidence in chief) has to be filed by, the respondent filed an affidavit by that date stating he would not be filing an affidavit. He has not withdrawn nor filed a discontinuance nor does he intend to do so, I agree it is a strange situation but nonetheless that is the situation.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
The final part of a case in the Family Court is called a trial. In the Federal Circuit Court, it’s called a final hearing. Since both courts hear family law matters, you’re both right.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
No the judge made a trial order setting out when affidavits (evidence in chief) has to be filed by, the respondent filed an affidavit by that date

So he filed!!!!!! You TOOL.. there's a couple of hours of my life I won't get back.. maybe he did not file to your satisfaction but he filed nevertheless the hearing goes ahead.

Maybe he is going to rely on previous material to whip your butt ?

And thank you Rob I missed the bit where she said she was in the family court which is a trial

Malissla

24 April 2018
So he filed!!!!!! You TOOL.. there's a couple of hours of my life I won't get back.. maybe he did not file to your satisfaction but he filed nevertheless the hearing goes ahead.

Maybe he is going to rely on previous material to whip your butt ?

And thank you Rob I missed the bit where she said she was in the family court which is a trial

An affidavit informing that he is not filing a trial affidavit is not evidence in chief, and as I clearly stated previously the court ordered that neither of us can rely on previously filed affidavits as our evidence in chief so - yet again - you are wrong, yes you did miss it and as I said it is in the family court. You appear to me to be a "Child need fathers" Activist or some kind of similar group, you are a very bitter man who offers bad advice. I would be real grateful if you would stay away from my posts.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
An affidavit informing that he is not filing a trial affidavit is not evidence in chief, and as I clearly stated previously the court ordered that neither of us can rely on previously filed affidavits as our evidence in chief so - yet again - you are wrong, yes you did miss it and as I said it is in the family court. You appear to me to be a "Child need fathers" Activist or some kind of similar group, you are a very bitter man who offers bad advice. I would be real grateful if you would stay away from my posts.

I am a Children needs parents activist, male or female but you have just given us a huge insight into your own mindset with that statement. Sometimes you can get subtle insights into peoples thought patterns without them having to say too much and just by talking about child needs fathers people in such a derogatory way tells us all we need to know about you.

I do not have time to give you a comprehensive reply as to why you are STILL way off the mark this morning but.. watch this space because you will be owned later on today. This is a public forum, you dont get to choose who replies to you and who does not.