QLD Remanded in custody, for breaching preotection order in self defence.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Alysha Bass

15 August 2018
Hello. I am a new member and unaware on how to post for advice as such, but my partner of 15 years recently came home drunk and iv asked him to come inside. He sat outside banging stuff and breaking stuff for hours. The police were called and they arrested my partner when they arrived. No charges were laid, but they put in plave a protection ordwr where it states he has to have writtin permission to be at my house and in good behaviour. I asked that no dvo would be put into place as im not scared at all for my saftey but maybe he needs some mental health plan if dropping him to the hospital would be better for him then anything. As he was very dilirious, and different.

A few months later. After giving him permision to be at my place, my daughters father showed up and moved into my place unexpectantly as he had no where else to go. Which caused alot of tension between the 3 of us, however my on again of again partner of 15 years, was in some what, tryin to pick a fight with my daughters father, so i went at him and swung the bat towards him he stood up to protect himself, by trying to put me into a hold where i wouldnt be able to swing the bat at him again and at that time, my brother came to help as he thought that im the wrestle that he had hit me. But not ever has he ever laid a finger on me. And has coped my abuse on a daily basis. Iv never been verbally abused by him either. My brother began to hit into my partner as well as my daughters father did, and my partner struck my brother in the head, the fight was finally over and the ambulance was called for my brother. The police came first and i told the officer that i went at my partner with the bat. And that in the wrestle somehow my brother was hit with the bat. No charges were laid, other then him not being in good behaviour at my house, yet i went at him first, i did tell the police i didnt want him there now. He was remanded in custody. I sent the letter that gave him permission to be at my place, but is there a line between breeching his order for not being in good behaviour, when he was only self defending himself as such. He has been in custody for over 2 months has priors and served 9 months with his baby mother 3 years ago. How or what can i do to explain this to the judge? Im not at all scared for my safety from him. Iv written a stat dec outlinging what happened that night. And still nothing. Am i able to talk to the police that was there that night? His lawyer had not spoken to me at all. And i see him weekly in jail, but he also never applied for bail at his first appearence and his appearence was required at his second court date, and the police have not attempted to contact me for a statement or anything. I dont understand what they are holding him on?