VIC Refund for Change of Mind Under Australian Consumer Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

MJB Seminars

23 June 2016
To all:

As you would have been advised over the phone there are no refunds as per our Terms & Conditions, and you would have accepted these terms and provided payment details inline with your acceptance of this agreement.

Generally, a business does not have to give a refund or replacement if a customer simply changes their mind about goods or services. “Under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), the customer is only entitled to choose a refund or replacement for a major problem with a product covered by consumer guarantees.”

We are not a Scam - We are a human development & coaching company, and this is our 14th year operating as a registered, trademarked, licensed and reputable business in Australia. We are proud to say that we consistently conduct ourselves above board and in a transparent manner.

People can go and use bathroom breaks as necessary and we don't shave heads, walk on coals, wear brightly coloured robes, sacrifice animals and other voodoo associated with cults as we are not a Cult.

All the ‘Troll’ posts are the source of one person in multiple accounts. We have investigated the matter and we take these accusations very seriously as it affects the people we do conduct our business with as we are in the interest of providing a pathway for a more fulfiled life, and people seeking help.

These unnecessary and false accusations only exist to promote hatred, misinformation, mistrust and skepticism about our programs.

Further, in the interest of transparency, we have reported the matter to our legal team and are undergoing a trial with Supreme Court of W.A. against the individual (CIV 2549/2015).

We have many testimonials available easily accessible for people who have completed our courses, even former skeptics, who have seen the real work that we do for all of our clients. We also implore anyone who has any questions or even doubts to contact us. We will answer any reasonable question.

Most of the time when you seek out a negative opinion, there is something bigger going on - your mind is trying to stop you from really figuring things out for yourself, not letting a change happen, the one that you really want in your heart, and the one that you really feel in your gut: your purpose is to get the life you dream about.

You'll find out that what we do by actually experiencing the programs for yourself, or by looking at the abundant amount of testimonials from real people that what we do is not just good, it's exquisite.

We are more than happy to help you. It is a truly humbling experience to do work with such amazing people and helping them find their purpose in life. On our Facebook page, you’ll see hundreds of testimonials in posts, videos and reviews from real people* offering their heartfelt experiences, describing their transformations and pure, true gratitude for what we perform here at MJB Seminars.
You are free to message any of the people there ask for their personal experiences with us.

At the end of the day, the forum posts are from one person who has never attended our seminars. You can freely and easily go to our Facebook page, reviews, and decide for yourself. It doesn't add up: Anyone who has never attended our seminars will not have any accurate information, experiences or personal accounts about who we are and what we do. All claims of scams, cults or otherwise are complete nonsense.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
So, did you give our OP back their money?

MJB Seminars

23 June 2016
We are unable to determine the OP until they identify themselves - they have chosen to remain anonymous so it would be impossible to determine the outcome of their request at this time.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
We are unable to determine the OP until they identify themselves - they have chosen to remain anonymous so it would be impossible to determine the outcome of their request at this time.
So then your answer is "no"

I am fairly confident that you know quite well who is and isn't paying and/or attending.

MJB Seminars

23 June 2016
So then your answer is "no"

I am fairly confident that you know quite well who is and isn't paying and/or attending.

As we have near on a thousand customers come through our seminars each year it is unreasonable to assume we would know who the OP is. They would need to contact us directly.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
As we have near on a thousand customers come through our seminars each year it is unreasonable to assume we would know who the OP is. They would need to contact us directly.
And if he does, will you give him a refund?

MyNameis

6 March 2017
Tim W I can vouch that the OP isn't the only one attempting to get their money back as this is also happening to my best friend and she is having a hard time getting her money back for a seminar she hasn't attended. And after stopping payments has been threatened with legal action and told she would be having debt collectors chasing her for the money for a seminar she hasn't,I repeat, hasn't attended yet.

So for that matter, they probably do not know or can identify the OP as there is more than one, and from my own research there are a lot more who feel scammed

CHICKIE

23 August 2015
At the bottom of the page of this website there is a statement from MJB Seminars:

“Awaken the REAL YOU and transform your life for the better, starting today.”

We’re ready to prove everything we claim “The ONLY Seminar That Transforms Lives In 24 Hours”

If this life seminar does not live up to any the claims stated here. I don’t want your money, and I’ll give back every penny back to you. No hassles and we can part as friends. 100% Money-Back Guaranteed.

CHICKIE

23 August 2015
If you type into Google this info:

Awaken The real You - MJB Seminars

it will bring up the website where the Money-Back Guaranteed statement is.

The website url is also saved on Wayback machine. If anyone needs it to prove they are entitled to their money back.

CHICKIE

23 August 2015
oops cant seem to upload the url for the website as a post here :

Awaken The Real You-MJBSeminarsMjbSeminars
www.mjbseminars.com.au/fiona-chin-webinar/

but it can be found if you Google "MJB Seminars Webinair"
Hope this assists anyone with a refund problem.
I suggest you copy and paste the url onto a word document and save it, then you can access the website from the Wayback Machine site, if the MJB website is removed.