Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Fully Paid Tractor - Sellers Change Their Mind - Australian Consumer Law?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by Dutchy, 4 June 2014.

1. Dutchy

Dutchy Member

On 26 May, I paid in full for a tractor that was on Gumtree and arranged with the seller that I would be in touch regarding the pick up. Last night, I received a text that said that the sellers have decided they have changed their minds, and want to keep the tractor and will refund my money. I have paid in full and I want to keep the tractor. Am I legally in the the right under Australian Consumer Law, or are they able to get away with this?

2. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Hi Dutchy,
    1. How did you agree to purchase the tractor via Gumtree? I assume via phone calls and/or email? This information is important to better understand whether a contract existed between you and the seller (and if it did, the terms of any contract).
    2. Was the tractor for domestic/household or commercial use?
    3. What was the agreed price of the tractor?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dutchy

Dutchy Member

Thanks for responding but the people have agreed to honour the sale & I will collect the tractor tomorrow. Thanks again.

4. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Great news Dutchy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...