RE-CONDITIONED MOTOR WARRANTY REFUSAL

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kaye Hooper

24 July 2018
Hi,

We purchased a rebuilt car engine from a professional workshop. After the motor was installed in the car we noticed it was over heating and the vehicle was returned to the workshop (3 hours away) This engine had a major failure and had to be replaced. Two months later, my husband contacted the workshop to inform them that there was a further problem. The owner of the workshop arranged for us to take the vehicle to a mechanic in our town to inspect the vehicle. The mechanic confirmed the problem, and the said motor would have to be taken out to fix it. After a week of no return phone calls, or 'I am too busy to talk about it now' my husband was told that they would go halves with the cost of fixing it. When my husband queried 'what about the warranty' he was told 'Well I am backing out of the warranty". This was 2 months into a 6 month warranty!

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Then tell him either he honours the warranty or you’re backing out of the sale and returning the engine for a full refund.