LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Queries on Administrative Adjournment in Family Law

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Kyl, 9 October 2016.

1. Kyl

Kyl Well-Known Member

Hi,

The other party in my family law matter requested an administrative adjournment for our mention this coming Monday. ICL and I agreed as family report hasn't been released.

The other party emailed the judge associate with the request at midday on Friday. Court listing came through the after 5 pm Friday and our matter is still listed.

Will I hear directly from the court if the adjournment has been accepted or not? If it is scheduled for tomorrow how soon/late will find out if it's adjourned? If I don't hear from the court itself do I still turn up?

2. Lance

Lance Well-Known Member

Hi,

Unfortunately, I only just saw your question; how did you go? I was wondering if you still went and was the adjournment accepted?

3. Kyl

Kyl Well-Known Member

Hi,

The associate emailed the night before approving the adjournment so I didn't have to go. Now I am waiting on a new date as we have received our family report.

4. Lance

Lance Well-Known Member

That's great to hear you got the feedback in time to avoid having to attend. I hope your family law matter is dealt swiftly and you achieve the outcome you need.