Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW Queries on Administrative Adjournment in Family Law

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Kyl, 9 October 2016.

1. Kyl

Kyl Well-Known Member

Hi,

The other party in my family law matter requested an administrative adjournment for our mention this coming Monday. ICL and I agreed as family report hasn't been released.

The other party emailed the judge associate with the request at midday on Friday. Court listing came through the after 5 pm Friday and our matter is still listed.

Will I hear directly from the court if the adjournment has been accepted or not? If it is scheduled for tomorrow how soon/late will find out if it's adjourned? If I don't hear from the court itself do I still turn up?

2. Lance

Lance Well-Known Member

Hi,

Unfortunately, I only just saw your question; how did you go? I was wondering if you still went and was the adjournment accepted?

3. Kyl

Kyl Well-Known Member

Hi,

The associate emailed the night before approving the adjournment so I didn't have to go. Now I am waiting on a new date as we have received our family report.

4. Lance

Lance Well-Known Member

That's great to hear you got the feedback in time to avoid having to attend. I hope your family law matter is dealt swiftly and you achieve the outcome you need.