NSW Queries on Administrative Adjournment in Family Law

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kyl

25 July 2016
Hi,

The other party in my family law matter requested an administrative adjournment for our mention this coming Monday. ICL and I agreed as family report hasn't been released.

The other party emailed the judge associate with the request at midday on Friday. Court listing came through the after 5 pm Friday and our matter is still listed.

Will I hear directly from the court if the adjournment has been accepted or not? If it is scheduled for tomorrow how soon/late will find out if it's adjourned? If I don't hear from the court itself do I still turn up?

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,

Unfortunately, I only just saw your question; how did you go? I was wondering if you still went and was the adjournment accepted?

Kyl

25 July 2016
Hi,

The associate emailed the night before approving the adjournment so I didn't have to go. Now I am waiting on a new date as we have received our family report.

Lance

31 October 2015
That's great to hear you got the feedback in time to avoid having to attend. I hope your family law matter is dealt swiftly and you achieve the outcome you need.