Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

VIC Purchased a Defective Used Car - Refund under Australian Consumer Law?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by Paulo Valencia, 10 August 2015.

1. Paulo Valencia

Hi,

I bought a used car (late 2012 model SUV) last year from a big dealership. All is well until I recently noticed on the roof that there are several spots rusting. It's hard to see it if you don't use a ladder since it's an SUV and I only noticed it when I decided to use a 2-step ladder to clean the roof last weekend.

I have only done a bit over 5,000 KM in about 11 months for a less than 3 year old car and it's always under a carport at home and I ride my bike most of the time to work. Do I have a right under Australian Consumer Law for a refund, replacement or repair?

I seriously would not have bought it if I have known about this and it was obviously there when they sold it to me.

Thank you in advance for your time.

2. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...