Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

TAS Property Settlement and Partition Act 1869

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by joey pinnow, 18 February 2015.

  1. joey pinnow

    joey pinnow Member

    18 February 2015
    Likes Received:
    My mother split with her partner last year, due to her partner's son refuting her capacity to care for her partner, as my mum was his carer and power of attorney. After 12 months of repeated attempts to reach a settlement, my mum received advice to go through the supreme court and apply for Partition under the Partition Act 1869 (TAS). We are currently filling in the form and would like any help in letting us know which section/s need to be put on the application.

  2. Sarah J

    Sarah J Well-Known Member

    16 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi Joey,

    A partition application is asking the court to divide up a house (to partition it), an alternative to selling the house and splitting up the proceeds. Is this what your mother is applying for? What type of power of attorney does your mother have in relation to her partner? And what does this. and her partner's son, have to do with the partition order? I'm just slightly confused by your facts.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page