SA Privacy Laws - Being Constantly Watched by Neighbour's Kid?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Maddy_089

6 December 2019
There is a child living in a house at the back of our property who is constantly up on their roof looking into our yard and back doors. My guess would be he is 10-12 years old.

I have seen him up there 4 times in the last month and my partner has seen him twice.

He has also knocked on our door and run off on multiple occasions. We have a camera so I definitely know it was him.

His behaviour is starting to make me feel really uncomfortable. I have sent a registered letter to their address which has been delivered but he has been up on the roof since then.

What else can I do under the privacy laws, apart from growing a hedge, to stop this?

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Not much you can do about him climbing around on his own roof other than to hope that he falls at some point and learns his lesson.

As for knocking on the door and running off, you have a camera so you're already half way there. The other thing you need is a good sprinkler system that you can control from inside - I've found that to be very effective against nuisance kids.

Maddy_089

6 December 2019
The other thing you need is a good sprinkler system that you can control from inside - I've found that to be very effective against nuisance kids.

I might have to look into this :D Do you think it will be too obvious if I install a sprinkler without any lawn in the front yard?

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Ummm - what do I say to that? :confused:
I guess you might need to buy a pot plant as well. :cool: