NSW Printing Judgements via Caselaw Website?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Toqual

10 July 2014
Hi there,

Any legislation or policy existent in regards to printing court judgements via the Caselaw website?

Thanks!

Amanda E

9 April 2014
Hi @Toqual
What do you mean? I don't really understand your question.

Toqual

10 July 2014
Hi @Amanda E

Sorry if I was unclear. I am enquiring if there is any restriction in relation to printing our NSW Court Judgements. I am aware that transcripts are subject to crown copyright, but is there anything of such towards judgements?

Amanda E

9 April 2014
I'm not aware of any restrictions other than what is on the NSW CaseLaw website:
Judicial decisions may be reproduced without infringing Crown copyright, subject to the following conditions:
1. copyright in judicial decisions continues to reside in the Crown;
2. the state reserves the right at any time to revoke, vary or withdraw the authorisation;
3. the publication of the material must not purport to be the official version;
4. the notice does not allow the reproduction of any headnote or summary, footnotes, comments, case lists, cross-references or other editorial material prepared by or for the Council of Law Reporting or other law report agency without the further authority of the Council or agency.
5. the arms of the state must not be used in connection with the publication unless authorisation is provided;
6. the publication of material is required to be accurately reproduced in proper context and to be of an appropriate standard.

Toqual

10 July 2014