police protection order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

felix1971

23 June 2018
my girl fiend called lifeline venting about her relation ship with her EX and about an incident with me where she accused me again to be in contact with my ex ( she died ??? ). after I told her to get out of my unit for about 5 times, she eventually picked up her keys and went outside, I jumped up of the sofa and locked the fly screen.
The door was locked and she took out her keys and slit the fly screen opened the door and wanted to come in again. I kept her with my flat hand out side and relocked the door. She stated to lifeline that I chocked her, though her though the door and hit her. A week later I got picked up by the police from my unit watching footy and got taken to the police station where they took a police protection order against me. Is there any chance to defend myself against those accusations ???

Lucaslly97

8 June 2018
You couldn’t have better chances to defend yourself against this. Even if you did choke her, I don’t think she has any form of proof that you did it.
Now she broke your property and that’s what I’m concerned about. Sadly I don’t think you have proof of she doing that but I think it is a good thing to use against her since neither of you have proof, neither of these accusations will have any legal consequences.

Whether you contact your ex or that she died is irrelevant, you have the freedom to do anything you want regardless of you having a current girlfriend or not.

I think police have good wording skills to at least be solid about your relationship with your girlfriend and therefore I think a DVO is a mutually beneficial thing to be placed since she claims you choked her so why not have this dvo in place? ( to your benefit you don’t get your house disturbed again.)

I’m assuming that the house belongs to you.

I also think if what you said is true, you can charge her with defamation if you can proof that she knew she didn’t get choked. Exam of injuries can prove whether it’s choke or not. That is if you want to escalate it.

Bill Murray

6 June 2018
The above post is terrible advice.

Get a lawyer if you believe the allegations are false. If they are not then consent without admissions.