police check

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

lollylegs

25 May 2020
I work in aged care, and renewed my police clearance. This would be the 3rd time I have had one issued. However this time it display a non conviction for larceny from 25 yrs ago. How come it is showing up now? Also I thought It would have been spent after 10 years. I was not convicted. I will keep my job, but now wondering if I will be able to apply for other jobs now with that showing up. I was fined $75, such a big criminal lol
Thankks

Oneman

7 September 2017
If this happened 25 years ago and you were not convicted and you've kept your nose clean since then, I wouldn't worry about it. If you haven't kept your nose clean since then, then maybe you should buy a box of tissues because you might need them when you apply for your next job. But really, 25 years ago? Not even most Government Departments will worry about that these days, if you haven't been naughty since. It does depend what State you're in, but all the same, I wouldn't get into a state of depression over this. Life goes on. Trust me.

lollylegs

25 May 2020
I work in aged care, and renewed my police clearance. This would be the 3rd time I have had one issued. However this time it display a non conviction for larceny from 25 yrs ago. How come it is showing up now? Also I thought It would have been spent after 10 years. I was not convicted. I will keep my job, but now wondering if I will be able to apply for other jobs now with that showing up. I was fined $75, such a big criminal lol
Thankks
If this happened 25 years ago and you were not convicted and you've kept your nose clean since then, I wouldn't worry about it. If you haven't kept your nose clean since then, then maybe you should buy a box of tissues because you might need them when you apply for your next job. But really, 25 years ago? Not even most Government Departments will worry about that these days, if you haven't been naughty since. It does depend what State you're in, but all the same, I wouldn't get into a state of depression over this. Life goes on. Trust me.

Thanks Oneman,
Yes have kept my nose clean, so no problem, however I wonder why my first 2 police checks never showed it, and has only now come up, feels big brotherish, I suppose.
FYI too I walked out of a shop forgetting that the sunglasses I had been trying on were still on my head. 😂 I wasnt believed, however like you say life goes on! Thanks again