WA Pending Charges

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

nickname

29 October 2023
Hi,

I was arrested this time 11 years ago in 2012 for frauds, from using people's credit card details.

I was taken to police station for an interview and they didn't have enough evidence to charge me so they released me.
They said they would investigate further and after a few weeks they rang me back to say that they had found further evidences so they made an appointment time for me to come back to the station for another further interview, they also mentioned they would take my dna and to charge me there & then.

The day before the appointment, I flew overseas until today I have not been back to Perth.
The police came knocking my parent's house over ten years ago to ask where I was and they said they are waiting for me to come back.

I applied for National Police Check online and it stated there is pending charges against me for gain benefit by fraud and arrest warrant issued by Perth Magistrates Court from back more thanya decade ago.

I never had any criminal conviction nor bad record and whatsoever, if I decided to come back how would I be best to handle it, what consequences would I be likely to face?
And what are the chances to be able to be granted spent conviction?

Thanks

nickname

29 October 2023
No reply nor comment anyone?

I am keen to move back again and just want to know what the potential outcome would be and would like to prepare how and best option to handle it.

Thanks again.

Hellomyonlyfriend

15 August 2022
If there is an arrest warrant out, you would probably be arrested if they pulled you over for something unrelated .I.e. speeding, rbt. It is something you may want to get professional legal advice on.

Hellomyonlyfriend

15 August 2022
A legal rep might be able to make representations to put that may backfire as it alerts local police you are coming back to the area.

nickname

29 October 2023
A legal rep might be able to make representations to put that may backfire as it alerts local police you are coming back to the area.
I have been to other states like Sydney, Melbourne Brisbane and Gold Coast (but not Western Australia) quite a few times this year for holiday and so far no incident happened. I thought it might flagged up at the airport but I went through the immigration ok so far though.