VIC Not shortlisted but qualified for job

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Joe Black

9 January 2019
Hi,
I am curious if anything can be done about my situation.
I worked in a position for 4 years, left the company for 4 months and then reapplied for a similar position in the company.
I addressed the selection criteria and met all the requirement of the job.
I was not short listed for the position and the manager is refusing to answer my calls or emails. I received a generic email saying I was unsuccessful and thanks you for your application etc.
I have a feeling I did not get shortlisted because the manager and I (and some of his/her workmates) did not see eye to eye on some issues previously.
(for the background - I have never been disciplined or had prolonged time off sick etc)
Thanks
J

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au

Joe Black

9 January 2019
What about if you meet the selection criteria you should be shortlisted or can I ask for the deligates report under FOI?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
FOI only works (sometimes) for information held by a government.

An employer is allowed to select who they like as long as they do not discriminate in doing so. You have no evidence suggesting they have discriminated against you.

Joe Black

9 January 2019
Yeah true. Thanks.

FOI only works (sometimes) for information held by a government.

An employer is allowed to select who they like as long as they do not discriminate in doing so. You have no evidence suggesting they have discriminated against you.