QLD Neighbor Harassment Using Smoke - Recourse?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by Paul D, 10 November 2017.

1. Paul D

Paul D Member

My neighbour next door constantly creates toxic smoke to annoy me. The local council tells me they are no longer sending people out when I call, the police won't get involved saying it's the fire brigades problem.

The fire brigade comes out, says they can't find the source but can smell the problem, then leave. I have contacted the real estate who rents to them. How do I stop this now? What are the Ipswich City Council's obligations to me? What are the next steps to solving this issue?

2. Clancy

Clancy Well-Known Member

3. Rod

Rod Lawyer
    LawTap Verified

Or court.

Video the smoke, diarise all instances (date, time, duration). After 2 or 3 months send in copies of evidence to the council's legal department saying you want them to take action. If they fail to act send follow up letter advising they may joined in an action against the neighbour at court.

You will have an action you can bring at court, but council and EPA should be your first steps. In writing, with evidence.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...