WA My Ex Is only allow me 6hr once a week to see my son

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lenny

1 March 2021
My Ex is only allow me 6hr once a week ,but when I was paying for supervisor visits she had no problem me seeing him.

sammy01

27 September 2015
why were you doing supervised visits?
how old is your child?
Can you give some more details? to get good advice / opinion

Lenny

1 March 2021
he is 5 yrs old and my ex claim that he was scared of me due to me smacking him and being abusive towards him and her which is not true and the supervised report show that my son and I have a very close relationship .

sammy01

27 September 2015
Do mediation. Call relationships Australia. Start saving $$$$. Be prepared to make an application to court and pay a solicitor a few grand.
Scary? yep I know.
But the good news is that once you do that she just might panic. Only about 5% of cases go to a final trial. Most of the time parents come to an agreement all by themselves. BUT you need to apply some pressure to her. The fear of some magistrate telling her off for being so controlling just might be the stick required to get her to be reasonable. Mate at 5yrs old there is no reason for you to not be seeking 50/50 care. The fear of you getting that might be enough for you to agree to less but less would still be a hell of a lot more than 6 hours a week.

Lenny

1 March 2021
I am trying to get more time with my son ,as he has been asking for sleep over my lawyer has put forward dates but her lawyer has not replied but they replied to her going to a medical appt without me knowing but they haven't replied for the sleep over time I don't understand why she doesn't want my son to spend more time with me .

sammy01

27 September 2015
Why?
Money.
Power/ control
Fear.
Money - the less time you have the more free govt money she gets.
Power / control. Look you have to forgive her for this. She is scared of losing the kid. Yep I know, not really fair because that is what she is doing to you. But there is rarely logic in these things.
Fear - re- read the last point. Fear of losing the kid.

Solution. Apply to court. Give her something else to fear and something to worry about having to spend lots of $$ on and in court the judge has all the power, she doesn't. She won't want that

Simon123!

8 April 2020
Hi, my brother went thru this with his ex. She ended up turning all the kids against him and ruining the relationship she had. What contributed to this was his legal representative was too passive. To be honest what sammy01 has said is accurate, you need to up the game. Your lawyer should have advised you of this already. I would be looking at getting a new lawyer, one who will be more aggressive in their approach. Don't b***h about her and who did what to whom, leave that game for her. Get a lawyer and go for 50/50 custody....shake the tree and see what falls out.

Lenny

1 March 2021
It is funny you say that because she will let me have more days but not sleep over,but I have been close to my son and we have a bond so he is asking to have sleep overs but have more days is good but it would be 150 a day so if I see him 3 day is 450 because of the supervised hand over . I don't know what to do spent the 600 go.to court or do the extra day ,but she said it by a phone to the supervisor and the supervisor ask to send her a.text.to what she said the supervisor didn't get any reply

sammy01

27 September 2015
Apply to court. If she wont agree to reasonable time with the kid. Then you'll have to ask someone with the authoritiy to order it. That means court.

Lenny

1 March 2021
Ho Guys ,thankyou for your wise wisdom and I have changed my Lawyer to hopefully is someone that will bring forward the alienation comments by ex ,but my previous lawyer had asked for sleep over with my son and I got no answer and that fact that my son is screaming for me at the end of every visit is soul destroying . But also the fact that my ex is threating my 6yr old son that if he wants to spend more time with me that she will leave and he won't see her again.