Moving Interstate and Kids after Separation

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by marc o'shea, 12 July 2014.

  1. marc o'shea

    marc o'shea Member

    12 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi, my wife and i moved from Tasmania to Queensland last September. Since then we have separated. We have two children together, aged 2 and 4. I have them around 30%, my ex 70% (custody of children). We own a house together which my half is getting payed out to me. If I was to want to move back to Tasmania, how much trouble would II have getting my ex to move back if she does not want to? Thanks very much.
  2. CathL

    CathL Well-Known Member

    19 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi Marc,
    Is there a parenting agreement in place? Have you raised the topic with your wife? Would she been keen? It may well be the case the you make arrangements to have the children during holidays/certain periods if she remains in QLD and you move back to Tasmania.

    Have a look at this LawAnswers Family Law Forum post "Children Custody - Do I Have to Move So Ex Can See Kids?".

    And these ones too to some degree:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    rebeccag and Michael T like this.

Share This Page