SA Mother's Funeral but No Bill from Funeral Service?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
3 March 2015
Hi, I need some information please regarding debt help.
It's been over six months since my mother passed away. We are still waiting on the bill from the Funeral Service Company for the casket. We had a lot of trouble with this person and we didn't end up having our mother's funeral with this company. He decided to keep our mother and wouldn't give her back to us.

What we want to know is there a cut-off period where he can no longer ask for the money under Australian Consumer Law?
We haven't had a phone call or any type of bill whatsoever. Please could someone help us.

Thank you.

3 March 2015
ok thanks but the thing is my mothers assets are in the Public Trustee, He had thirty days to claim any money owed to him, he never responded in them thirty days.. so that's has been awhile now 2months, can he still go after us for the money, that's our big QUESTION

Victoria S

9 April 2014
If the relationship with the funeral company was with the Estate, then I don't think they can claim against the estate as the expiration of the 30 day period for claiming to the Public Trustee has passed.