WA Mother Refusing to Sign Passport Applications?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hoang Trang

22 July 2016
My kids' passports have expired and I need to apply for new ones for our planned school holiday trip in January. Have given my ex-wife the documents and asked her to sign her part. But she refuses to entirely based on being nasty.

I have custody of children and before we went to family court over it, I did take my kids overseas to Bali, Thailand and Vietnam without her objecting.

This coming trip will be with my whole family but she said my kids can go but only if I didn’t? I reminded her what hell me and the kids have been through and they needed a well deserved break from school.

What are my options now? I will need to self represent as family court thus far has taken a huge burden on my savings.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Self represent... Get onto it ASAP or you will be visiting Tasmania this summer

sammy01

27 September 2015
Dont bother... mate with all you have going on with the IVO... Just stay putt this summer and try again next summer when you have had half a chance to get over the madness a crazy ex causes...

Then do mediation, get the certificate and apply to court.

Hoang Trang

22 July 2016
Dont bother... mate with all you have going on with the IVO... Just stay putt this summer and try again next summer when you have had half a chance to get over the madness a crazy ex causes...

Then do mediation, get the certificate and apply to court.

Was thinking the same as well. But whole family holiday is a very rare occurance especially with 10 grand children spread over 3 families. By luck everyone can go this year.

Have my breach of VRO hearing next week. Lawyer will be negotiating to drop the charges. Basically arguing tick for tack situation and not in public’s best interest.