QLD Mother Refusing to Go to Mediation - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Harley Foss

1 November 2016
My partner was made by the courts to attend mediation or lose his children. He has since done so but the children's mother refuses to do her side of it and the family court will not do anything with the case until it is.

He has requested that she does it but has still not. It has been a decent length of time since the order was placed and we are growing very impatient as she currently has full custody of children and we rarely get to see the kids.

Does anyone know what we can do to have the case proceeded with?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Contact the mediation service. Ask them. They will provide a certificate that is required to apply to court. So do that ASAP and get back to this site for more help.

It is a long painful process but stick with it.... How far do you live from the kids?

Harley Foss

1 November 2016
Contact the mediation service. Ask them. They will provide a certificate that is required to apply to court. So do that ASAP and get back to this site for more help.

It is a long painful process but stick with it.... How far do you live from the kids?

I live two hours from them and rarely get to see them. Thank you for your help.

I will get on to the mediation service ASAP. I appreciate your help.