NSW Likely Outcome of Sentencing After Breach of AVO?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Really

25 September 2016
My ex is currently under an ADVO for 2 years with a 'No Contact' condition (taken out by police on my behalf). He has breached the AVO a second time (has been charged), but sentencing has been set for Feb 2017. A long time to wait.

Other matters being dealt with on the mention date last week have also been moved for sentencing on the same day. Charges being heard are intimidation and common assault on my son (8-years-old at the time of the incident), sentencing for AVO breach No.1 and No. 2, Telecommunications charge relating to breach No. 2 & intimidation charge relating to breach No. 2

What might the likely outcome of sentencing be?

He was imposed a $300 fine and 12 month good behaviour bond initially for the charges of intimidation and assault mentioned on the day of the Final AVO day.

Victoria S

9 April 2014
Hi Really,

Penalties for breach of an AVO include a fine of up to $5,500 and/or imprisonment for up to two years. If the breach involves violence, it is considered a serious offence and there is a strong chance the offender will be sent to prison.

Reactions: Really