DV charges and sentencing outcome

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
19 January 2018
My ex is facing 2 x common assault charges and 2 x armed with intent to commit indictable offence charges. As well as an AVO to protect me and our 2 children. I had left him 6years ago and he has abused me throughout this time when he had contact with the children. He insisted that I stay with him during visits and that's where he would threaten and assault me each time. I have never moved and where as he has been with multiple women. So his threats about me 'cheating' did not even make sense. His violence got worse after he spent 6 months in jail for threatening to kill a police officer. He held knives to my throat, tried to crash the car, threatened to burn the house down and the list goes on. Does anyone know what sentence he will be facing? He has a history of harassments and intimidation, as well as multiple threats to the police and assault. No drugs or alcohol. He is just naturally insane.