Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Lent Items Not Returned - My Options under Property Law?

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by Teneale, 1 November 2015.

  1. Teneale

    Teneale Member

    1 November 2015
    Likes Received:
    I lent a friend's girlfriend several items for her new rental, such as large lounge suite, washing machine, microwave, outside chairs and other things. Since this time, she has broken up with my friend and ignored all communication with me in regards to getting my stuff back. What are my options under Property Law?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. JS79

    JS79 Well-Known Member

    2 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    You can either send her a letter of demand and email (so that you can show that you have tried to contact her in both ways) demanding that she return your stuff within a certain time frame and if she doesn't then you will commence legal action - usually this is enough to get them to return your property.

    If she still fails to return your property then you can go to the small claims court and commence an action there in order to get your property back. You would have to represent yourself though.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sophea likes this.

Share This Page