TAS No Contact Information for Family Dispute Resolution - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ifoughtthelaw

4 April 2017
Tas
I applied for Legal Aid and was granted a family dispute resolution conference. However, the mother of my child has changed her phone number and moved house and I have no way to find out how to contact her.

My lawyer spoke with Legal Aid to try to get her contact details but unfortunately they do not have her current contact information. Now I have received a letter from my lawyer stating that without this information, the conference will be denied.

What can I do now as the mother is purposely being uncooperative? I was not put on the birth certificate and I am still to meet my first born. All my previous contact attempts have ended with her spouting abuse.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Do you have her email address? Do you know the address of her family members? You may be able to dispense with service if you apply to the court.

Ask the FDR centre what you can do and if you can get a s60I certificate anyway.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
If she doesn't attend for whatever reason, you'll be issued with a s60I certificate to enable you to file an initiating application with the Court.

If necessary, you can seek a location order among your other orders, whereby the Court compels various agencies to disclose the contact information of the child's mother.

Lennon

11 September 2014
You can also check the electoral roll to see whether she has provided an updated address there.