Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Law Reform - Change the Law Discreetly?

Discussion in 'Other/General Law Forum' started by Rubhro, 4 July 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rubhro

Rubhro Member

Hello,
    Is it possible (and how) to change the law in a discretionary manner? Via an individual derogation for example

The idea is to be able to exploit the benefits that the law change gives without a concurrent knows the opportunity (they must discover it themselves)

I know that every law change in US is publicly publied; is there a way so it don't happen like that ?

An idea would be to present the things like "research" so there is no need to change the law but eventualy to meet a "ethical commitee research" more inconspicuous.

For example :
    I note that restrictions rate on the use of a product which are currently applied can be increased without risk (the operation is ethnically, socially... feasible), I want to benefit it but I don't want my concurrent to know it :
    I present the use of the product with new restriction rates as an "research" in lieu of asking a classic law reform for the restriction rate to be updated.

Question : Is it feasible? Must theses "research" have a scientific knowledge goal to be accepted ? (In US and in the world)

Thank you

2. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Hi @Rubhro,
    I don't understand what you're asking - Perhaps a career in politics may be ideal if you want to change the law?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    winston wolf likes this.
  3. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

This is not a homework forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Owens Lawyers likes this.
  4. Rubhro

Rubhro Member

Can a law be changed discretly or not ? And what about the method of presenting things like "researches" ?

5. John R

John R Well-Known Member