LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

Law Reform - Change the Law Discreetly?

Discussion in 'Other/General Law Forum' started by Rubhro, 4 July 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rubhro

Rubhro Member

Hello,
    Is it possible (and how) to change the law in a discretionary manner? Via an individual derogation for example

The idea is to be able to exploit the benefits that the law change gives without a concurrent knows the opportunity (they must discover it themselves)

I know that every law change in US is publicly publied; is there a way so it don't happen like that ?

An idea would be to present the things like "research" so there is no need to change the law but eventualy to meet a "ethical commitee research" more inconspicuous.

For example :
    I note that restrictions rate on the use of a product which are currently applied can be increased without risk (the operation is ethnically, socially... feasible), I want to benefit it but I don't want my concurrent to know it :
    I present the use of the product with new restriction rates as an "research" in lieu of asking a classic law reform for the restriction rate to be updated.

Question : Is it feasible? Must theses "research" have a scientific knowledge goal to be accepted ? (In US and in the world)

Thank you

2. John R

John R Well-Known Member

Hi @Rubhro,
    I don't understand what you're asking - Perhaps a career in politics may be ideal if you want to change the law?

winston wolf likes this.
  3. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer

This is not a homework forum.

Owens Lawyers likes this.
  4. Rubhro

Rubhro Member

Can a law be changed discretly or not ? And what about the method of presenting things like "researches" ?

5. John R

John R Well-Known Member