NSW Job Offer Withdrawn - What Can I Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mehnaj afrin

16 March 2018
Hi ,
I need help.. Last tuesday i went for a job interview at chemist warehouse. They chck my reference that day & hold me for 1week telling me that i am still under consideration & will inform me end of the week.today at 10am that manager called me i got that job, offering me as full time pharmacy assistant, he want me to come that shop with my id verification & also asked me to join frm wednesday,they have to order my uniform bla bla.. Then after 2 hours he told me i am not going to get this job cause someone overruled his decision. They are hiring someone who have 4 years experience. I mean how can they do that to me ..is that fair???

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
FYI, you should start your own post.

I agree it is not fair. You may have a claim, but as your damages will be low it will not be worth pursuing from a legal perspective, and you never know what may happen in the future so best not to burn future chances with the employer.

Reactions: Mehnaj afrin

Mehnaj afrin

16 March 2018
FYI, you should start your own post.

I agree it is not fair. You may have a claim, but as your damages will be low it will not be worth pursuing from a legal perspective, and you never know what may happen in the future so best not to burn future chances with the employer.