VIC IVO conditions clarification

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Countryboy

12 June 2021
Thanks Atticus.

Tim, wonder if you can elaborate on that point for everyone's benefit. Thank you.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
There's some merit in the suggestion that you're overthinking it.
Your best approach is not to contact her directly for any purpose.

Only contact her through her lawyer.
The last thing you need is be on the receiving end of an allegation of breach, even if it's later found to be groundless.

Reactions: Countryboy

sammy01

27 September 2015
Yeah - I'm gonna re-word what Tim wrote based on my experiences.
My ex went to the cops, told them i was violent. Was it a happy marriage? no. Were there fights? yes. Arguments? sure. But looking back now, I am comfortable with the fact that a times I did not behave well.... I was not in a good place. But, i consider myself a victim of abuse, not a perpetrator of abuse.

Like you, I was prepared to 'work on the relationship'. But looking back now, it was all bs.

So feel free to ignore, maybe my experience is nothing like your's. BUT - do you really wanna continue a relationship with someone who has caused you this world of pain? And do you really want a scenario where the avo might still be in place, with some amendments, but push comes to shove in the event of any dispute, she could call the cops and you will be arrested. Do you really want a relationship with those paramaters?

Reactions: Countryboy

tigerman2705

22 April 2021
So feel free to ignore, maybe my experience is nothing like your's. BUT - do you really wanna continue a relationship with someone who has caused you this world of pain? And do you really want a scenario where the avo might still be in place, with some amendments, but push comes to shove in the event of any dispute, she could call the cops and you will be arrested. Do you really want a relationship with those paramaters?
This is exactly what happened to me. I shouldn’t have gone back into a relationship under those circumstances but I did “for the kids” and it well and truly bit me on the backside. Don’t do it.