VIC IVO address query

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jamie27

9 April 2020
Hi

Okay this is an odd question - I have an interim IVO against me as a I fight it in court due to ridiculous allegations that have no foundation in truth. It excludes me from the family home which will have to be sold as part of divorce proceedings.

Now my 14 year old daughter wants me to come over there for her birthday. Her mum wouldn’t be there.

Given I don’t want to breach the order is there anything ex’s lawyer can put in writing to get around it? She made an exemption when I spent the night in hospital with the 14 year old recently (I only went after getting it in writing from her solicitor) - I was wondering what - if any - options I have. Our birthday options are limited due to COVID lockdowns. If I can’t legally see her then I won’t.

The intervention order mentions that the respondent may:
(A) do anything that is permitted by a family law act order, a child protection order or a written agreement about child arrangements .

Keen for thoughts

Atticus

6 February 2019
Now my 14 year old daughter wants me to come over there for her birthday. Her mum wouldn’t be there .........
The intervention order mentions that the respondent may:
(A) do anything that is permitted by a family law act order, a child protection order or a written agreement about child arrangements .
So with mums oaky, should just be a matter of having a dated & signed agreement written up (pursuant to ... 'name section & IVO Identifier') that allows the respondent (your name) a temporary departure from the order on xxx date between the hours of xxx- xxxx to attend 'daughters name' birthday party at (address)