Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

QLD Issuing of Traffic Infringement Notice - How Much Time Should Pass?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Jaqus, 2 July 2016.

1. Jaqus

Jaqus Member

Hello,

I recently got fined twice for parking on what I believe is a very ambiguous 'diving strip'. The first on the 27th of April at 1.29pm and the second on the 28th of April at 10.06 am. I had not seen or moved my car in that time and so I have been fined for the same offense twice.

The council claims it is two separate incidents, however, what I would like to know is how much time must elapse before another issuing of a traffic infringement notice. As in my case, less than 24 hours had elapsed before a second infringement had been issued for the same offense .

2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

I would think that it depends on the parking restrictions in place. For example, if you park in a 2 hour limit zone then they can fine you within the first additional 2 hour period that you are parking there and then after you have parked there for over 4 hours they can issue you with another one??

I'm no expert on this but just a line of reasoning that they may rely on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...