VIC Is Intercourse Legal Between a 17 and 18 Year Old?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bugged

6 June 2016
I've been browsing the internet for hours, and have yet to find a solid answer as to whether it is legal for a 17 and 18 year old to engage in consensual intercourse in Victoria. I'm turning 18 this month, but my boyfriend is going to be 17 until mid next year. We currently have s-x together, and all of our parents know about it, however his are a bit weird about it, and I'm worried that one of them could get me in trouble when I turn 18.

In short, could I get in trouble for having intercourse with my 17 year old boyfriend when I turn 18?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
In short, could I get in trouble for having intercourse with my 17 year old boyfriend when I turn 18?

In Victoria - NO.

Assuming you are not caring for him in any kind of professional manner (eg counsellor). Your post doesn't say anything about being his carer, you are too young yourself to have any professional qualifications that would make sex illegal with him so I suspect you are not committing a criminal offence.