NSW Invoice Details

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Julez

30 May 2021
Hi I am a sole trader chasing for unpaid work invoices with other small businesses.

I have a few 2-5 years old invoices unpaid and the Bill To contact names/companies on the invoices were incomplete or needed be updated.

Q. Do I have the legal stand to amend the original invoices with updated Bill To contact names/company details now? The work agreements were made by emails without proper full names being provided to me.

I doubt if some of these clients would notice any difference on the invoices given that they don't seem to bother reading.

Any comments would be really appreciated. Thanks so much for all your help and support!

Docupedia

7 October 2020
Make the changes and state it is an amended invoice. Use the original invoice number, state the date the amended invoice is issued and importantly, show the original invoice date. The original invoice date is important because of the limitations legislation to take action via court proceedings. In most states, for contract matters, this is 6 years.

Julez

30 May 2021
Make the changes and state it is an amended invoice. Use the original invoice number, state the date the amended invoice is issued and importantly, show the original invoice date. The original invoice date is important because of the limitations legislation to take action via court proceedings. In most states, for contract matters, this is 6 years.
Thank you so much would be super helpless without this forum! These amounts are too small to hire a lawyer but still we have to protect our basic rights.