- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Insurance Law - Taking Action Against Insurance Company?

Discussion in 'Insurance Law Forum' started by MMSJ12, 10 January 2017.

  1. MMSJ12

    MMSJ12 Member

    10 January 2017
    Likes Received:
    Hey, I am currently having the worst experience with my insurance company and I need to know how to start legal proceedings against them.

    My house was robbed back in the middle of 2016 and my insurance claim has been dragging on since then. I'm sure this is standard for most people who deal with insurance claims, where this deviates from the norm is that our insurance company sent someone out to put temporary locks on our doors and said someone would be out to fix the broken window.

    We waited 16 days for this to happen only to find out on the 16th day that an investigation had commenced and all work was put on hold. 3 months later and our house still wasn't secured and my partner suffered from sleep deprivation, which in turn brought on severe anxiety and PTSD. I won't go in to the specifics of what has happened to her but I will say it has been horrific for our family.

    They have no reason as to why, for 16 days, no one was sent to secure our property.

    They have dropped the investigation and confirmed that they owe us our claim amount. As far as I'm concerned, that's not good enough anymore. The costs we've incurred over the last 6 months won't even be covered by our claim amount and that doesn't even take in to consideration my partner's future medical bills.

    I'm not prepared to drop this and let them get away with what they have done to my family.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction with insurance law or offer any help?

Share This Page