How to get permission to use expert report in another court

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dpj

1 July 2020
Hi All,

I had a psychiatry report done in the family court proceedings. I believe this will be useful in current matters in the magistrates court.

I am wondering how I seek leave to be able to use the psychiatry report in the magistrates court and what information I would need to provide when seeking that leave.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I haven't followed all your threads. And don't think I received a call from you.

Did you use a lawyer for your family court matter? If not, and the matter is still going, make an application in a case, else if the matter is closed, call and ask the registry how they prefer to handle this request.

Dpj

1 July 2020
Hi All,

I had a psychiatry report done in the family court proceedings. I believe this will be useful in current matters in the magistrates court.

I am wondering how I seek leave to be able to use the psychiatry report in the magistrates court and what information I would need to provide when seeking that leave.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Hi Rod, thanks for your response. the matter i was going to contact you on was a VCAT matter - its just I am a distance away from Ringwood which is where your office is.. The family law matter has been initiated again. I will look to make an application as you suggest. Much appreciated.