NSW How Do I Get Aunt's Name Off Property Title?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Elizabeth

29 August 2014
As per my previous post "A relative and I agreed to sell our homes and buy a joint property":

My Aunt rescinded her name from the contract of the land that we are purchasing .But the conveyancers failed to get her to sign a letter for the Stamp Duty Office ..Now she is refusing to sign the letter ..The land is still not registered i.e no DP number ..

The contract is in my name so I will be fully liable to pay the balance owing. She is not signing paper to be difficult.. Where do I stand ?? How do I get her name off the title.. Its a bl...y mess. The conveyancer should have been aware that the lands office required this letter.. She has signed a Stat Dec . taking her name off of the contract of sale.. HELP !!

S

Sophea

If you haven't completed the contract of sale, and the property is not yet registered, how is her name on the title?

Elizabeth

29 August 2014
Exactly the question I have been asking. Apparently it is on the Stamp Duty Registration.And they have requested that she sign a letter stating that she wants her name taken off..and she is refusing to do so ..

S

Sophea

Sorry its not an area I have much experience in, but surely the stat dec would be sufficient? Can anyone else help?

Reactions: Elizabeth