How Can You Tell If a Pharmaceutical Product Is Genuine?

Get Instant Legal Answers - Free AI Legal Help
Join thousands of Australians each month using LawConnect’s AI assistant for fast, personalised legal information. No waiting. No cost. Start now.
Ask Your Question Now

ArmandoMyers

Well-Known Member
23 March 2023
81
0
286
Counterfeit pharmaceutical products can be difficult to identify, especially when packaging looks almost identical to the original. What are the most reliable ways to verify authenticity—batch numbers, manufacturer verification, pharmacy licensing, or laboratory testing?
 

jasperkai

Member
9 October 2026
1
0
1
The most reliable way to verify pharmaceutical authenticity is to check batch numbers and expiry dates with the manufacturer. Always purchase medicines from licensed pharmacies and verify the product through the manufacturer's official channels. If suspicion remains, report it to the relevant health authority and use accredited laboratory testing for confirmation. We did research at on this issue with the team at Publish Your Papers, and we will be publishing this in a journal soon.
 

MeadowPearson

Well-Known Member
14 February 2024
15
1
74
I know this thread is a bit old, but I just ran into the same problem and figured I'd share what worked for me. Checking the batch number directly on the manufacturer's website is usually the most solid method if they offer that. For lab testing, be careful who you go through because even that can be faked. What country are you in? Some places have official government apps for scanning medicine codes.
 

KaiyaYoung

Member
27 March 2024
1
0
1
I check batch numbers with the manufacturer and use lab testing for tough cases. For reliable gear, I get mine from balkanpharma and have had zero issues with authenticity
Stick with official sources like that and avoid suspicious sites