NSW How Can I Stop Police from Following Me?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Canttakeitnomore

8 July 2016
I am certain I am on the police radar. They are tracking my phone GPS. Whenever I go out, there would be a cop car show up at least once. My phone battery drains faster. I go to the mall, security walks straight pass to me. What did I do wrong?

There was a time when I was being a bit off balance, lived inside my own head. I looked at inappropriate images (with clothes on) on my phone in public train stations. I might've acted a bit suspicious and creepy but honestly, I've never thought of committing any crime. My record is clean. I just felt too free and invisible and nobody cares about me.

Their presence makes me feel really uncomfortable and it keeps me up at night. I've never dealt with police, how can I stop them from their James Bond $#@#?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Do you take ice? Somehow I suspect a legal forum is not the type of forum you need.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I know my phone drains faster if I leave GPS on (this is why I have GPS, internet access and Wi-fi turned off most of the time). I often have security walk past me in my main shopping centre. I regularly go past a speed camera car parked within 2 kms of my house. I don't feel like I am being watched or having my speed monitored. Realistically police do not have the time or resources to watch you in case you do something illegal.

If you live in an area with a high crime rate, or live close to known bikie hangouts, or suspected drug dealers expect regular police patrols. You may not know you have these kinds of people living nearby.

Re: Ice. Let's face it, ice is known to have various side effects. If you do take ice you have to seriously wonder if the drug is the problem, not the authorities.