NSW Help with agreement case study

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Krish

11 April 2018
Hey guys I want help on this case study I'm doing for my tutorial. So this case study has a advertisement for a item and they negotiate and finally come to a good price. So the final offer was lets say $10000, but the offerer says he needs time to arrange the money. The offeree says he understands and to let him know by a particular date. Is this an acceptance? Later when the offeror arranges the money and calls him before the due date he doesn't answer, so he sends some cash by post to the offeree and the rest to be paid when he gets the item. The offeree realises he doesn't want to sell his item and sends the money back before the due date. So I'm wondering if legally an agreement exists.

I think that initially when he says to let him know by the particular date is too vague to be an acceptance and that it is an offer?! I'm not too sure. Please help me, its confusing me. :confused:

Thank you.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Gives us your thoughts and we'll comment.