VIC Handover of children change

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Worried and confused

27 June 2018
My partner and I are moving with our 3 children (one of whom is the child of my ex husband). The distance is approximately 30 minutes from where we currently live. My ex is demanding that we meet half way whereas currently he or his partner collect the child from school/grandparents house as he lives close by. He has a partner and no children with her and I have children aged 9 to 2. Am I obliged to follow his demands?

Adele93

2 February 2021
My partner and I are moving with our 3 children (one of whom is the child of my ex husband). The distance is approximately 30 minutes from where we currently live. My ex is demanding that we meet half way whereas currently he or his partner collect the child from school/grandparents house as he lives close by. He has a partner and no children with her and I have children aged 9 to 2. Am I obliged to follow his demands?
You are lucky the ex is willing to meet you halfway. Close family members Ex, demanded she now do all pick up and drop off , dont move , or back to court. She couldnt afford to go back to court, had a job and other kids that made it difficult time wise to do all the pick up and drop offs, so she ended up not moving and is now pretty much stuck where she is for the next 9 years.