QLD Family Court - Ex Asking for More Time than Judge Ordered?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Casie hayward

12 November 2015
Hi, I am currently going through family court regarding parenting rights. My ex partner is demanding more and more time with his children, but a majority of the time, my children are left with his partner while he keeps working and he works 8 hours away from where he lives.

The children refuse to go and they are 14,12 and 9 . They didn't go to the last visit and the judge ordered a catch up time of a week so he is allowed to have them 2 weeks over Christmas holidays, but now he is demanding 4 weeks. My question is, do the children have to be made to go and can he ask for 4 weeks when the judge said 2 weeks?

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
Let him know that the parenting order has told him this amount of time and if he wants more he has to reapply to the courts to have the orders changed.

Put it on him, he may not want to spend more money to add two extra weeks.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
They certainly have to go for the two weeks if that's what the court ordered, but the four weeks would have to be by agreement.