VIC Guardianship and administration

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lawans

7 April 2019
My grandmother has been assessed as having no capacity (she told the hospital she would not be participating in the assessment, so she answered childishly and very stubbornly. She is a woman who doesn't realise the consequences. The public office advocate has now appointed her guardian and administrator.

And we had a hearing last week at Vcat, and my aunty, my mum's sister, was there. My mum has an intervention order on her. My nan applied for an intervention order, only to be told she has no capacity. She is terrified of her other daughter and we weren't allowed in the hearing.

We got spoken to quite rudely that I could not and was told that my grandma did not want to talk to us when we know she does. She has over 1million dollars in assets and my aunty was already denied a reassessment due to it benefitting her interest only, and not my grandma.

My aunty has already stolen 200,000 more and all we have done was look after my grandparents. We are being treated wrong I don't know what to do. All my mum wants is to talk to her mum. Who can help me?