QLD Grandparents Rights - Lodge Affidavit at Federal Circuit Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adam2100

3 November 2015
Hello,

I lodged an Initial application with interim orders to Federal Circuit Court of Australia for more access to my child. The hearing would be in around two weeks. However, I found out that grandparents could be included as well to have time with my child.

How can my parents, with their grandparents rights, express their wish to have some time with my child?
Do they have to fill out an Affidavit and what should it look like?
Could my parents and my sibling lodge one combined Affidavit?
Would the judge consider their wish for interim orders?

Thank you in advance.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
They would have to become a party to the proceedings, but honestly, it's probably just going to frustrate proceedings rather than lead to positive results.

Generally, if a child has been allocated time with each of the parents, the court won't overextend its involvement by also then allocating specific times for grandparents, siblings and anyone else who is concerned with the care, welfare or development of the child. It is unlikely to make such orders if it determines that the parents themselves are willing and able to facilitate the child's time with the extended family.