NSW Asking for an Adjournment - Is Affidavit Needed Beforehand?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

RosieR

12 July 2015
Representing myself. I filed an application for contravention on 26 Oct which was heard for mention on 9 Nov where my ex-partner proceeded to have the matter transferred back to the family court (from Federal Circuit Court).

My ex then lodged a new initiating application (and risk of child abuse) regarding parenting to counteract his breaches of the family court orders which will now be heard alongside my contravention application on 22 December.

I have received his affidavit but not yet received his partner's which states is "to be filed".

Do I ask for an adjournment on 22 December and then do my affidavit after I received his partner's affidavit?

MartyK

4 June 2016
Hi RosieR,

How did you go with this. Sorry no replies came your way.

Upon looking at the OP's other posts, it appears that the contravention was upheld and the application of the other party was dismissed.

As an aside, not law related, I think it is nice of you that you look back on unanswered questions :)

Reactions: SamanthaJay